Saturday, October 17, 2009

MAC Haul


Okay, I need to admit something. I've never bought MAC makeup before. I think it goes back to when I was in makeup school and my teacher told us us that MAC is NOT the only good makeup out there and don't be one of those artists who refuse to use or try any other brands.

This past weekend, I was was on an outlet mall frenzy and discovered the Cosmetic Company Outlet. They sell discounted high end cosmetics, like MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives, etc. at outlet prices.

So I finally bought some MAC eyeshadows. I have to say, I love the pigmentation and how soft and silky they are.

I love golds and silvers, so I bought Henna and Silverthorn.

Swatches: Henna and Silverthorn


I also found these Mineralize Eye Shadows in Earthy Riches (a purple/grey), Word-of-Mouth (a trio of shimmery beige, copper, and grey), and Fresh Green Mix (a green duo).

Left to right: Earthy Riches, Fresh Green Mix, Grey/Copper/Beige separately from Word-of-Mouth, then Word-of-Mouth swiped with all three colors together.

So far, I've tried the Silverthorn and Word-of-Mouth. The coppery color in WOM is a little hard to use and seems more glittery than the other mineral shadows, but if you mix it with the other two in the trio, it adds a nice copper shimmer.

Silverthorn is a great silver. Actually looks silver and not grey like a lot of other "silver" shadows do.

No comments:

Post a Comment